Monday, April 23, 2012

Emma's Room

I finished Emma's room the last week of March and wanted to share some pictures. Like Owen's room, I used wallpaper cutouts made by a company Wallies. This time I permamently adhered the lady bugs cutouts I bought for our second adoption match. I had temporarily put up them up before with just wall puddy just in case it fell through which it did. It was so healing knowing that this time I was putting them up for good. They are so easy to apply as all they require is to soak in water for a couple seconds to activate the adhesive. They claim they are just as easy to remove.

I also put her name up on the wall like I did for Owen. Making Memories no longer makes that product so I put my computer skills to use. I searched Google images and found photos of each letter from online stores that sold them. Then I used Photoshop and made an outline that I printed out as a template. I cut each letter out of chipboard and then covered them in patterned paper.

I also bought and put together a 3 shelf bookcase I bought from Wal-Mart using a gift card we received as a baby shower gift. I look forward to all the princess and girly books to fill this shelves.

The finishing touch was to add something I had in my room as far back as I can remember. It is this cross stitched sampler that says, "I Am A Child Of God." I still cannot believe how it didn't end up lost or ruined through all my moves in college and such. I found it last year going through some storage boxes and placed for safe keeping in the top dresser drawer in the nursery just hoping one day it would go into my daughter or perhaps a future granddaughter's room. Its wonderful how things work out.




No comments:

Post a Comment