Saturday, July 7, 2012

Emma Update v.2

Emma is now 4 months old. I can hardly believe it is already July. I was looking at pictures of Emma from when we were in Portland to now and I cried seeing how much she has changed. Having waited 4 years for her and being she is likely our last baby, makes her growing up a  very bittersweet experience. Even looking at the picture below of her at 3 months and pictures of her now I can tell a difference. I weighted us the other day and she is some where in the 13 pound range now wearing 3-6 month clothing.


3 months old
4 months old
On a happier note, Emma sure loves her big brother. When Owen stays still long enough you can see Emma watching him. She wants to be able to be on the go too. She'll push with her legs to scoot a little on the floor. She's rubbed off a lot of hair that way. Emma desperately wants to roll over and she can get to her side at times. She'll roll just enough so she can see what is going on behind her. Once she figures out to lift her legs as she swings over her arm then she'll be rolling over in no time.



She wants to eat more so we tried 5 to 6 ounces and that made her acid reflux act up. We went back to 4 oz and just feed her more frequently but even that doesn't work all the time. Her 4 month wellness check is Tuesday so hopefully he gives us the OK to start cereal and/or increases her medicine's dose.


Our swing has been such a godsend the past month. One afternoon I was struggling to put her down despite her being so tired, so on a whim I put her in our swing hoping the motion would put her to sleep. Not only did she finally fall asleep but she also slept 3 hours! I've found I even have to turn the swing off after an hour or else she will sleep too long. I figure besides the motion, the little clicking noise the motor makes as it swings helps too.

Emma's favorite toys are her elephant and her doll Dolly (original name I know). Anything that goes into Emma's hands ends up also in her mouth including Dolly's braids. 




Emma has learned how to growl She picked it up from Barry as he likes to growl when he's tickling her belly with his face. A funny thing happened last week when Barry's dad went to hold Emma. He only a minute to hold her and the moment she got into his arms then she he growled. I told him not to take it personally as she has growled at me a couple times. Now she will growl when she doesn't like something that is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment