Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Emma Update

Emma will be 3 months old this upcoming Saturday. It has been whirlwind experience since the day we got that life changing call March 3rd. Now that Emma's adoption is finalized and she is sealed to our family, I feel time is passing at just the right pace (not to jinx myself).

The only way I can get her to take a good nap is for her to sleep on me otherwise she only takes 20 minute cat naps. I can't complain because I love snuggling and it's a good time to catch up our blog using my Android phone or read a book. She does pretty well with one good nap a day so I do it while Owen is using his computer time.

Emma loves to be sitting or standing up now instead of being cradled. She either fusses or tries to pull herself up whenever someone holds her that way. I wish we had one of the Bumbo chairs but they are so expensive for what little time they use them that we improvise. I either have her sit on my lap with her back against me while I sit cross-legged on the floor, or I lay against the couch arm with my knees up and place her so she is sitting on me with her back resting against my thighs.

Here is some video of Emma cooing. She is such a talker and I love talking and listening to her. Honestly I don't remember Owen cooing this much (must be that we girls enjoy talking). At her 2 month appointment she did this much cooing for Dr. Edwards. He said it was really fun to hear her talk that much because most babies will just coo a little for him. I'm sure she is going to be quite the talker as she gets older but I'm glad she is also a very good listener.


2 comments:

  1. I just can't get enough of that video.... I was almost in tears listening to her on the other end of the phone, when I was talking with mom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    PS. Have you thought about buying a used bumbo? We got one on KSL.com for $20 and we'll just sell it when our baby is done with it. I think it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete