Friday, April 26, 2013

Emma's 1st Birthday

Two months ago, our little Emma turned one. I cannot believe that two months have gone by since her birthday, let alone that a whole year has passed. The memories of her entering our family are bittersweet. I recognize the lost felt by her birth mother, father, and extended birth family; and yet rejoice over the healing and happiness she has brought to our family. I can honestly say she makes our little family feel complete.

I've decided for now on that anytime when I do a digital
scrapbook page of some pictures I am going to post it instead.

As you see, Emma's first experience with birthday parties was full of fun and family. She had her grandparents; most of her great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins; and some dear friends come to celebrate her life! Emma got a whole spring/summer wardrobe as gifts including some shoes from Grandpa & Grandma. I was elated to find out she loves shoes as much as me!

It's so fun dressing her in a new outfit each day. So a big thank you to each of you who gave gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment