Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Tomorrow is our 5th wedding anniversary. Barry commented it feels like our 50th. I had to elbow him. I remember that morning in the car driving to the Idaho Falls temple with Barry's parents. I had the worst case of the butterflies that I actually had to be reminded to smile. They all went away after the temple ceremony. I felt so pretty that day and I still look back at our pictures and I have to agree we both looked fabulous!


I got the idea to list things that have happened since we've been married from Jessica H's blog. I thought it was pretty neat idea so here goes. Since we've been married we've...


  • Moved 3 times living in Idaho Falls, Ririe, and now Rigby.
  • I graduated in 2004 with my Bachelor of Science degree.
  • Held 8 different jobs between us. Barry's now working selling landscape product and I'm developing a policy management software.
  • Driven 5 different vehicles between us. We now own a Hyundai Sonata, Dodge Ram 2500 and a Buick Rivera.
  • Held 5 different church callings. We are ward missionaries now and wish we were back in primary.
  • Had the sweetest and cutest baby boy come into our life!


I hear people talk about how the years have just flown by since they were married. It is a bit hard to believe it's been 5 years already but I think this year has been the only one to have gone that fast. Life felt so slow before Owen and now it seems to be in turbo mode. You just can't win! He he.

Most importantly, I wanted to say I love you Barry. You are the rock for this crazy lady. I don't know what my life would be like without you. I love your smile and how you find humor in even the most difficult situations. Thank you for the life we have together. Here's to many more years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca,

    It was good to hear from you. Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. Your little boy is a cutie. We hope you are all well.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post! Happy anniversary to the two of you-melissa

    ReplyDelete