Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Crafts

I've been working this year on getting decorations for each season and major holiday. I've shared some I've made earlier this year and here are my recent creations. Once again I used the Cricut to cut the vinyl and mod-podged scrapbook paper onto blocks I painted black.

One side

Other side


Here is the completed shelf for July. I took some Red Vines and cut them in half for my jar (thanks to Holly D's blog for the idea). It's hard to see in this picture but I also got some cute red star garland. I still think I need one more decoration for next year.



I didn't have time to finish my shelf for summer as I'm still looking for ideas. I found this way cute watermelon decoration online. I'm going to forgo the flower and scrapbook paper and just use paint and then vinyl cutouts for the seeds. I'm also going to be daring and use our little hand jigsaw and cut a shape out instead of just straight cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment