Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nurse Rebecca

Fortunately I have managed to avoid getting the crud that Owen and now Barry have (knocking on wood desk). I'm not so sure I'm lucky to have changed a bazillion diapers so far, cleaned up vomit, and forced a little boy to drink even one sip of Pedialyte. I am lucky not to be suffering from a fever and all the chills, sweats, and pains that go with it. Thankfully Barry is NOT suffering from vomiting or diarrhea.

I did enjoy snuggling with Owen for so long, too bad he had to be sick! He is closer to being completely well again. His fever ended early Friday morning and now he is playing and smiling again. If we could just stop the diarrhea and the occasional vomiting. We called the doctor and if he doesn't stop then we are to take him in on Monday. We've been doing the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) with him. We were instructed to give him only a teaspoon of any of the above every 20 minutes. I think Owen's main problem is his stomach's reaction to having food again. For some reason he dry heaves which causes him to gag and then throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment