Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Adoption Banner

I figure it's been a while so I'd thought I'd give a little plug for those who have blogs to add our adoption banner. It's oh so easy. And I know you're thinking that I'm a computer genius (I am truly humbled) but I've made a video to show you how. I'm sorry it's so small but if you need help just let me know!



I know it's hard to catch the Web address I type in the "From the Web" box. It is http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo177/idahogurl99/hopeToAdopt.jpg

In the "Link" box, type http://www.barryandrebecca.com/

We cannot say thank you enough to everyone for their continued help. It has buoyed our spirits and kept us going. The adoption process is a long one. It took us 18 months to finally get Owen in our arms. So we only ask for your continued help and we know the blessings of heaven will come to you too.

I feel like I need to share our experience with finding Owen. After a year of waiting for a baby, my uncles came to Barry and I and asked us how they could help. We decided to hold a family-wide fast on January's fast Sunday. Only two weeks later we found out that a birthmother was seriously considering us to adopt her baby and wanted to meet us. So now we have Owen and desire with all our heart for him to have a little brother or sister someday soon. Whether it is through prayer or through a cousin of a friend of a friend we know it will happen.

I've been reading a book called "Unsung Lullabies." Our caseworker suggested I read it. It is SO GOOD. It helps you understand the feelings and struggles infertile couples go through especially women. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a friend or family member who is choosing adoption or medical help to have children.

1 comment:

  1. I think we should do another family fast, just pick a day and let us all know!

    ReplyDelete