Thursday, May 7, 2009

Owen's 2 Year Checkup

Wednesday morning Owen had his 2 year wellness visit to the doctor. I still cannot believe how well Owen did! Four or so months ago we took him in because we thought he might have an ear infection. He cried when the doctor tried to do any examining. So this time I was expecting the worse. 

We go to a practice with 8 doctors but you are allowed to choose one if you schedule ahead. Owen has seen Dr. Edwards about a year ago because our regular doctor wasn't available for a last minute appointment. I was really impressed how he related so well to little kids. So after last time's experience the thought came to me how it might be good for Owen to switch doctors. Just like the time before Dr. Edwards let Owen touch the instruments so he wouldn't be so afraid of them. It made all the difference. I also can't believe how Owen only cried for a second for his Hep A booster and when they pricked his finger to get his iron levels. I'm happy to report his iron levels are still normal after failing the test at 12 months and 15 months.

Owen weighed in at 28 lbs 2 ounces and he is 34 inches tall. The nurse mis-measured him at 35 1/2 inches. I would have messed up too if I had to measure a little boy struggling to escape. I noticed his head was about 2 inches away from the starting mark so when we got home I re-measured him. Next time we go in we will have to correct his growth chart.

Other than his eczema he was given a clean bill of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment