Monday, January 30, 2012

Chicken "Sea Urchins"

One of the fun things about work is that being the minority we women have banded together and have lots of fun. One thing we've done is started a lunch book club. We do potluck and over lunch discuss the book. I got this recipe from one meetings. One of the dearest ladies I know shared this recipe. It is SOOO easy and delicious (even Barry says so and he thinks my cooking is questionable at best), and if I (the person who can ruin Kraft Mac N' Cheese) then you can do it too!


 One thing I wanted to add to this recipe is that I prepare the filling the night before and refrigerate it. It sure speeds up meal prep when we come home from church starving.


Sandra's "Sea Urchins"
2 c. cooked, shredded chicken breasts (I just boil them or you could use canned)
6-8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
4 Tb. soft margarine
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. canned mushroom pieces, drained and chopped
1/2 can black olives, drained and chopped


2 pkgs. low-fat crescent rolls (I like the non-generic brand better)
Seasoned or regular bread crumbs
Melted butter
Cream of chicken soup


  • Mix first six ingredients together.  Press each triangle-shaped crescent roll into a circle shape. 
  • Place generous rounded tablespoon-ful of chicken mix into roll, pinch all edges together to make a ball. 
  • Roll in melted butter, then in bread crumbs. 
  • Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 
  • Serve warm with sauce made of cream of chicken soup, thinned a bit with chicken broth. (I used water and it was just fine)


These freeze well, and can be used later.  Just add the sauce after heating up.
Recipe makes 16 'sea urchins'.  (Weight Watchers PointsPlus Values: 5 per roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment